Saturday, April 19, 2008

Philadelphia City Paper: Comparing the Campaigns

The Philadelphia City Paper recently published a set of articles written by undercover reporters who spent approximately 3 weeks volunteering for the Obama and Clinton campaigns. Great insider accounts found in both articles.

I Was an Obama Volunteer
I figured the place would be busy, but it's a Monday morning in early March, six full weeks before the primary, and there must be a hundred people here. The line at the volunteer registration table is 10 deep. ...

I Was a Clinton Volunteer
I'd been at it for 25 minutes, walking the halls, making sure the door with the blue Hillary Clinton for President sign was actually the Hillary Clinton for President office. It was. ... By 9:30 a.m., just a week after this office opened, my desire for knowing became much simpler: Where the hell were these people? ...

Help others find this site (goal: 100 diggs):

No comments: